Saturday 20 March 2010

Research

I have been doing a tiny research for today. I type the word out so casually but SERIOUS, research just sounds cool. :D

Anyways, this is quite serious research.. I was researching on University Malaya. It's the oldest and most prestigious University of the whole of Malaysia. Well, I would say it has the government backing it up lah, since it IS our country's national university. If you want more info, go wiki it out. :D

UM only came in at 180th for the 2009 World University Rankings and 39th for Asian University Ranking. No offence but don't you think that's kind of erm... low? I'm not trying to say anything bad lah because the students who attend are a bunch of smart people. Just that we could improve the facilities? Make Malaysia a household name!

Our filming industry is not doing a bad job, all in one the entertainment industry lah. Because of our lovely Datuk Jimmy Choo [Go die lah if you dunno him. =.=], we have recognition for our fashion / shoes industry. Yaaaay!
I think...

Anyways, now I'm thinking about what University should I aim for. Now, I'm trying to think what CAN I do, since I'm much of an idiot. I was thinking.. I should just aim for some random overseas University? I mean, majority of the American Universities are on the list. Even some which I never heard before.

So, basically my battle plan. Go to UM [If I can], work hard. Then continue my studies overseas with the back up of letters and stuff. You can use my plan too, if you're interested, but I'm sure you have already thought about it. ;p

Click to find out the top universities in the world!

Now, I'm having back thoughts about doing business. Reason..
You will have good problem solving skills and an inquisitive nature. You will also have good numerical capabilities and be analytical. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and 'thinking on your feet', this may be the university degree for you. Good communication skills are also very desirable and will take you a long way in the field of business and commerce.
I am none of the above! Sureee, I can join.. Unless you want me to starve to death and be the bottom of some shady company. 0_0 Which I will not. You slap me, whack me, bite me also I will NOT do in such a situation. Mark my words, I am not born to be in such situations.

If I do plan on doing business.. the closest thing to Malaysia is Singapore.. You also know how stressful the environment is lah. Presume I do get into Singapore's university, I probably be in a psychiatrist room going all paranoid. ==

On a lighter note!
Pull and Bear
I think it's an awesome brand. Although it's pricey but the stuffs are sooo niceee. Did you watch the commercial? Isn't it just fabulous? I love how they captured the moment in Argentina.
This store is under Inditex which also owns Zara and Massimo Dutti.

2 comments:

Jwxwei said...

my mum went to UM :D But according to my godsis they say the standards are lower nowadays than before :(

EH, you never thought of studying Fashion Design or somewhere between those lines ah? o__o

The accidental prone. said...

AWESOMEE! :D
Yeah, their standards dropped a lot already. Like damn drastic type lah, probably they didn't improve their facilities? :(

Why become fashion designer? Lol. I DID want to once but now not really lah :D I debating whether to get into business or producer for films? Lol. My parents say I got 'potential' for movies. Dunno lahhh.

You confirm going into business? :D