Thursday 27 May 2010

Melaka

So, on a nice saturday afternoon. My family were supposed to go to Bahau but it was so late that we decided to go to Melaka. Bahau is in Negeri Sembilan.

We reached Melaka around 5pm? Yeah... and we went back at 10pm. It was a 5 hour trip. Melaka's really nice. It smells of history! :D
I like history lah just not the ones from our text book. Horribly boring. World history isn't bad though.

None of the pictures were edited and were taken by my oh-so humble camera. So don't laugh lah! LOLL.

Along the river!


Nyonya shop lots.


Uberly cool bench I found! :D


I feel.... the wind!


Art on most of the shop lots.


I do believe it's a phoenix


We were walking towards Jonker street.


That's so 'Little Nyonya'!



We sell coconuts. ;D


Where can you find a well?


In a temple!


Temple dragon :)


We decided to take a river boat trip.


Sooo bright :)


Why travel out of the country when we can visit such a cute area?
Melaka is full of culture, history and shopping? I persevered and didn't at all shop, the most I got was biscuits. There's a nice shop called 'Jonker Gallery' though.

We actually wanted to go to the Baba Nyonya exhibition house thing but it was closed when we got there so we went to Jonker street.
I didn't know it was Jonker street until I went home and was looking at the biscuit packet. ==

Will definitely go to Melaka more often since it's so close to KL. It's only 2 hours ride away. Not like most countries where you have to use planes or drive your car for a few days just to get to another state. Malaysia might be small but it's just so lovely. Hell, we have good food. :)

I do suggest you have a local show you around Malaysia though. Let you experience the true culture?
It's a nice place to travel around in, very thrifty and our shoppings are quite 'cheap' compared to other places.

I dunno about the food in Melaka though.. Kuala Lumpur and Penang definitely are top food choices for locals. I heard that Sabah has AWESOME seafood. Will try one day. :)

Ps, I saw a lot of Mamee advertisements in Melaka. I wonder why.

4 comments:

Jwxwei said...

My top choice for food is Kuching kekeke xD


btw, mamee adverts are everywhere cos the owner for Mamee/Pringles is from Melaka :)

The accidental prone. said...

SO I WAS RIGHT? I was thinking either the creator or the factory was from there.

What to eat in Melaka lah? I've never been to Kuching before. :0

Jwxwei said...

Yah you're right!! XD I found that out cos Tim Tiah (nuffnang co-founder) and Kennysia blogged about going for the owner's son's wedding in Melaka @@

Kenny Sia's post
Timothy Tiah's post

Eat nyonya food there lah LOL (dunno need lah our grandma's can cook for us HAHAH)

One day we go vacation in Kuching kkkkk?? 8D

The accidental prone. said...

Will the Mamee people invite me for any events now? since I blogged about them. :D

I go TAIPING LANG can already lah. :D My ahma over there anyways. LOLLL.

CANNNNNNN. You bring me around all the 'hot spots'! :D