Thursday 30 September 2010

Acupuncture

Acupuncture seems to be gaining recent demand these days and the Chinese wholly believes in its benefits. I'm still kinda skeptical over a needle doing such good for your body lah but seriously though...

IT WORKS! :0

I have been going for acupuncture for my ankles and left wrist.

  • I have VERY weak ankles.
  •  My wrist was killing me for about a couple of weeks. 

Now, my wrist doesn't hurt at all at the moment but my ankles are still kinda weak though. It's an old injury, so, of course it won't heal as quickly. Still, I can hope right? :)

So, we shall get to the scientific bits for awhile BUT you can Wiki it out if you think if you're interested. :D

You see, acupuncture has been getting debates over it's effectiveness since it's just needles poking all your acupoints but they are recognized for its placebo effect. When administrated correctly by PROFESSIONALS that is. The acupoints normally go around 2cm or something about the length of your palm. It will be basically useless if you don't poke the acupoints, like basically torturing yourself for no reason lah! LOL.

From some article a long long time ago, I read it has something to do with needles damaging your skin cells and that it releases some compound that is supposed to be a natural pain killer. :0

The needles come in various lengths, some so LONG that I don't wanna say how long. Some people use the 'recycled' needles while others use the commonly packaged and sterilized needles. Doesn't hurt as much because it's thinner.

It's all about the pressure of the fingers, or else the needle won't budge any further as well.

Not many people know this but acupuncture was originally supposed to be paired with the Moxa roll and needle as to quicken the process. That's why it's called 针灸.




Did you know people use acupuncture as a way of slimming down? 

The needle apparently penetrates through all your fats and simplifies the process of the breaking down of fats. They poke your thighs, legs, arms, tummy, chest [above the boobs lah!].  Then, it stops your hunger by poking your tummy.  It locks your '胃' which is your stomach. That's what everyone tells me lah. Should be effective since you lose your appetite but that might just be all psychological.
All I can say is that you'll get some blue-blacks on your tummy and thighs. :P

From my experience with acupuncture. 


Give it a try lah since it's been in China since dunno how many thousand/hundred years already.
I don't like the feeling of prickling my skin since I have a phobia against stupid needles. =_____= The first time I acupunctured was for my eyes and I only did around 7 times before I chickened out. I thought it could improve my eyesight.
The worst acupoint I can tell you is your foot! Near the arch area! It's like you bleepin' kena shock! :0
SERIOUSLY!!!!

Word of advice,

  • the MOST dangerous place to ever get acupuncture is at the back. Do check your acupuncturist is an experienced and a professional before you participate!
  • Not all needles are forced in downwards and some are slanted.


You have been warned that I just crapped and shouldn't take my accounts seriously!
PEACEEE! :D

No comments: