Monday 30 August 2010

Remember me

The HOLIDAYS are upon us, dear people.
Well... not exactly.. it's more like next week but still! I'm already in holiday mood. :D

Joy. :)

Anyways, been watching movies twice a day.
Shaddap, I did not just waste 4 hours of my life in these activities. :)

I really like this poster, it's pretty sweet in my opinion. :)

Synopsis: In the romantic drama Remember Me, Robert Pattinson plays Tyler, a rebellious young man in New York City who has had a strained relationship with his father (Pierce Brosnan) ever since tragedy separated their family. Tyler doesn't think anyone can possibly understand what he is going through, until the day he meets Ally (Emilie de Ravin) through an unusual twist of fate. Love was the last thing on his mind, but as her spirit unexpectedly heals and inspires him, he begins to fall for her. Through their love, he begins to find happiness and meaning in his life. But soon, hidden secrets are revealed, and the circumstances that brought them together slowly threaten to tear them apart. Remember Me is an unforgettable story about the power of love, the strength of family, and the importance of living passionately and treasuring every day of one's life



I remember thinking the blurest thing ever when I was reading the DVD cover. 
"Why is it shot in 2001??"
Oh, Chia yeeeeeeeee. 

I personally thought the movie wasn't bad lah but I dunno why Rotten Tomatoes only gave it a 27%! That's rather sad lah..
I thought the problem just died recently but who knew it was already 6 years? I kinda feel bad for the family as they lost two sons. :(

Robert Pattison can actually act a bit lah, he actually makes Tyler more of a believable character. Even if, Tyler is yet another brooding weirdo who looks like an utter drunkard. He is lah but still, Rob should start acting in other roles which will give him more recognition. I believe that people have something against Rob because he's a sparkling vampire who makes money from the franchise. Even with all the benefits of being in the Twilight franchise, Rob cemented himself as a pro brooding actor. Seriously, he's good at acting as a brooding love stricken soulless.. person!  

You have to admit he has quite good looking features though. :D 

Frankly, Emilie De Ravin is a WAAAAAAYYYY better actress than Kristen Stewart. 

No offence but seriously, she is like a piece of wooden block with twitching problems. =________=
I know Bella is worried that Edward will leave her and sheeesh [I've read the books.]but I don't think she should stumble/mumble in her words and be so emotionless right? Despite popular believe, I think Bella Swan is quite a complex character which actresses could really sink their teeth into. 
She sucked at chattering her teeth in Eclipse, no offence. [I've watched Eclipse as well.] 

Anyways, Emilie has the girl next door vibe. She's so lovable and does actually act well. We see her first hand when Tyler was trying to ask her out and her replies were quite funny? I'm not sure lahh but I genuinely think that she has the talent to go far in this industry and she's prettyyyy. :)
She cries, smiles and get pissed off at the most appropriate times. 
Emilie De Ravin


Should YOU watch the movie?
I'm not sure, everyone has their own taste and views on movies so I wouldn't actually know if it's your 'cup of tea'. I'm absolutely terrified of horror movies because they make me paranoid of the toilet. =_______= It sounds dumb but everyone's different in their own sense lah. 

This may come off as superficial but I wanted to watch the movie because of the poster. =________=
Meh, so sue me.

Receptionist: You know you can't smoke in here.
Tyler: Why do you have an ashtray?
Receptionist: It's a bowl, it completes the room.
Tyler: I guess it was just here to tease me. 

Tyler: You have a daughter who sincerely believes that you don't like her. She's communicating. Why aren't you listening? Why aren't you *riveted?* 

That line was damn good and the acting was genuine. :D

No comments: