Monday 14 March 2011

127 Hours

7/10


The story to how I came to watch this movies was when I was hanging out with my mom's friends and we wanted to watch a good movie. Initial choices were The King's speech and you know lah, all those oscar glorified movies. 

The only reason why I gave it a 7 out of 10 was purely because I'm not used to gory movies. It just weirds me out with the bloody-ness BUT exceptions are towards Chinese war flicks which are so-the-awesomeee! 


I think James Franco did some A-level acting in here, Alex Pettyfer take note. It was basically a one man show, the whole way! He really demonstrated some pure human nature. When he was scared, I felt scared. Well... he was delusional and half crazy, tends to happen when you're hungry, dehydrated and frustrated over a rock. He was thinking about his past and future and some blonde girl. 



I didn't know how they did the blood clot in his eyes though. Anyways, point being that he went all out and wasn't afraid to be erm... less glamorous. 

And yes, I missed the most glorious part of the scene - The amputation scene.

Sorry lah, it was just so @#$% scary! The sound effect and the bloody-ness and gurrrrrrrrrrhhhhh! Initially, I just closed my ears then I closed my eyes as well lah. The dude was amputating his hand in some deserted place! It was very gory and some people even left the cinema when it reached that part. 

Ok lah, I was peeking here and there and my friend was going like 'Waaaaaaaaaaah!' palms on the side of his chin. Men. *Shakes head*



Anyways... I think Aron Ralston is a truly brave man. He had such clear perseverance and will to live. He did all he could just to go on thinking about how to escape his situation. He drank pee, ate his contacts and just about anything! If it was me.. knowing me... I probably would have starved to death already. He tried to cut off his hand at the start but you know, bone. So, he broke it off and amputated off his hand. :0 

I salute thee! 

It's a movie about survival and a true story, so yeah. Not bad. :) 

2 comments:

Jwxwei said...

acting requires a lot of sweat, passion, energy, hardwork, focus, perseverance and heart. it is anything but glamourous kwn.

The accidental prone. said...

Of course laaaahhh. :) It's just that this 1 is quite bloody. Lolll. They had doctors and stuff to make it look as realistic and accurate as possible.